[aprssig] RE: Delayed packets

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jun 7 13:46:23 EDT 2006

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 mconner at aer.com wrote:

> I really think any internet user of the APRS-IS, whether it's
> FindU users, IGates, or whatever, should be concerned about this.
> If an duplicate report is the last one received, FindU reports
> that old position as the "latest" one.  Similarly, APRS clients
> who use the APRS-IS for their data will also display an old
> position.  This has happened to me relatively frequently where I
> check FindU for a mobile station and have to go to the "raw data"
> display to make sure what I'm seeing is truly the latest position
> sent out by that mobile.

Well, _most_ APRS clients might have that problem, but at least one
of them has dupe-filtering capability of it's own and will prevent
these sorts of things from occurring on the map screen if it's
enabled.

Xastir:  File->Configure->Defaults->Disable Posit Dupe-Checks

I'll give you just one guess why it was added way back when...  ;-)