[aprssig] Problem w/latitude on _many_ APRS stations

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 6 10:45:03 EDT 2006

I'm seeing packets like this from MANY stations right now.  Looks
like a recent software release screwed up the latitude field:

KG6JXZ>APRS,TCPXX*,qAO,T2WXCWOP:@051440z37296.22N/12049.25W_355/002g008t066r000p000P000b10110h58.WD
CW5496>APRS,TCPXX*,qAO,T2WXCWOP:@051600z10431.20S/03914.40E_179/000g...t084r000p...P000b10160h13.ats_whawk

Anyone know what software this is?  Looks like some citizen's
weather software perhaps.

There's one too many digits in the latitude.  Sure makes for an
interesting display in Xastir!  I'll have to tweak the decode logic
to urp all over packets like this.