[aprssig] findu.com Location off by 100 miles.

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jun 6 09:44:39 EDT 2006

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006, Robert Bruninga wrote:

> Again, position ambiguity is not for the purpose of masking or
> hiding one's position.  It is for the purpose of reporting things
> who's position is not precise.

Great, and thanks for the examples, but the way I typically see it
used is to obscure the position of someone's house or mobile for
security purposes.

Of course in my APRS client I can bring up an info window on the
callsign, click a button, and have their street address.  I can then
ask the client to put a big 'X' on their house using that street
address.  Not much security in obscurity when the FCC info is
available for download and _that_ easy to search!  The tools are out
there...