[aprssig] No NWS message coming through - puzzling

Amateur Radio WB8NUT duffy at wb8nut.com
Fri Jun 2 12:10:56 EDT 2006

Mike and all,

What I am looking for solely, it that the WX warnings show up on my
local APRS map.  If they are not for some reason, I wanted to know if
there was a way to see the status of the WX server feeding the APRS
network so I could determine of the WX warnings not showing up were the
result of an issue on my end, or and issue at the APRS WX server.  I am
not really interested in going to another site unrelated to the APRS
network to see WX warnings.

I went to the wxsvr.net site as suggested by WE7U, but it does not give
any indication of the status of the wxsvr.  However, on findu, WXSVRINFO
shows that no information has been received for over a day. It seems to
be related to the wxsvr.net server and may be one in the same, so that
may be an indication of why WX warnings have not been received for more
than a day.

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com