[aprssig] Need help testing 30m HF APRS in the Northwest

Ben Jackson ben at ben.com
Sun Jul 30 19:50:19 EDT 2006

On Sun, Jul 30, 2006 at 07:19:44PM -0400, James Smith wrote:
> I agree with John on this one, 400mw how much damage can he cause. They're
> is only a hand full ops running HF Gateway's me included.

I didn't mean to create a path commotion.  If WIDE2-2 is recommended for
fixed stations, then GATE,WIDE2-2 makes sense to me on HF.  I'm sure there
will always be arguments, since source routing doesn't make much sense
for APRS, especially on HF.  It's fine for fixed stations which can adjust
their path until they get the desired result.  For mobile stations there
should really be a route like "get me on the internet!" and the first
fixed digi to hear the packet should just substitute a route known to
work in the local area.

Anyway, back to my original experiment:  I've added a IRF510 final and
gone up to about 3wa and I'm still not showing up on findu, so if anyone
out there can coordinate with me to give me a quick signal report on
10.151 LSB, I'd appreciate it.

--
Ben Jackson AD7GD
<ben at ben.com>