[aprssig] MacTNC by NI5V

Brian Riley brianbr at mac.com
Sat Jul 29 12:40:39 EDT 2006

At the risk of belaboring what should be obvious, it ISN'T working
for YOU or you would not have posted the note. The core of most of
the objections to the Belkin USB/serial devices is their erratic
nature, working in some contexts and not in others.

My guidance to anyone who will listen is to use Keyspan USB/serial
adapters. They seem to have the least list of conflicts ( I have two
of them I use regularly on OSX and Winders machines) And in general I
recommend any FTDI chip  based USB/serial device.

I have used the Keyspan, the iConcepts, and a Parallax (the Basic
Stamp people) marketed FTDI based USB/Serial all under OSX from
Jaguar through the latest and greatest versions of Tiger, with MacTNC
no problem. You might also want to give Zterm  (classic old terminal
program, there is an X version now) a try and see if its the adapter
or the program.

---
cheers ... 73 de brian  riley,  n1bq , underhill center, vermont
   <http://web.mac.com/brianbr/>  Tech Blog
   <http://www.wulfden.org/DiskShop.shtml>
    Home of the
       K107 Serial LCD Controller Kit   FT817 Power Conditioner Kit
       Tab Robot Laser Tag Kit            MSP430 Chips and Connectors