[aprssig] Mounting 2M Xcvr in '05 Toyota Camry

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jul 26 10:15:12 EDT 2006

> Has anyone had any RFI trouble with mounting any of the new
> model 2M transceivers in a late model Toyota Camry ?

I wonder if the ARRL or someone has a WEB page where all
problems with RFI can be documented so that hams can go
to one source and see comments from everyone else on
particular problems.  If not, it would be a good idea to start
one.

I was taling just this morning to a chap who spent 6 months
trying to get HF mobile and finally just gave up.  There was
just so much RIF coming from the car systems, that he couild
hear nothing on HF, and when he transmitted, the car heater
or AC would come on and lock up on maximum (hot or cold)
And he would have to shut off the engine to re-boot the
system before it would work again...

These problems in consumer items, especially expensive
cars should be DOUCMENTED!

Bob