[aprssig] Re: OpenTracker !DAO! support and enhanced resolution

Ian ZL1VFO zl1vfo at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jul 26 02:20:37 EDT 2006

~ Snip ~

> Anyway, the firmware's available for download now, just hit the 'load
> firmware from web' button in the config program.  Base91 will take advantage
> of the extra resolution automatically, but to turn on DAO you'll need to get
> the new config program at http://n1vg.net/opentracker/downloads.php.  It
> adds a DAO checkbox on the right side, next to the compressed option.  Yeah,
> the screen's getting crowded... I'm going to rework it as soon as I have
> time.

> Scott
> N1VG

Scott, if you are looking at reworking the config program, could you
also consider changing the .CFG file to something human-readable,
perhaps even XML or a <tag>=<value> format, so we can edit the file
with notepad without having to connect up the OT to a PC.

It might also make it easier to get around email systems that block
attachments, (*.CFG) as the config text could be included in the email body.

It would probably be a good idea to keep the ability to read the
original .CFG file structure too, so one doesn't have to enter all the
variables in by hand again...

just a suggestion...

Cheers,
Ian ZL1VFO