[aprssig] RAW GPS NMEA Data

BH brent.hildebrand at gmail.com
Sun Jul 23 12:49:51 EDT 2006

There are 3 ways to specify APRS symbols, 1) the AX.25 information field, which NMEA trackers can not do.  The other two are 2) AX.25 Destination field and the 3) SSID.  The SSID is limited.  The Destination field supports all icons in the primary and secondary symbol table.  See section 20 of the APRS Spec, and in particular Appendix 2 which shows all the Destination combinations for Icons in the GPSxyz format.

BH KH2Z