[aprssig] Nuclear Power Plant Icon?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Fri Jul 21 09:33:17 EDT 2006

>>> <AA3JY at Winlink.org> 07/21/06 8:14 AM >>>
>I saw an interesting icon being used to represent a Nuclear
>Power Plant..... what is the accepted icon to represent a
>nuclear power plant?

Actually, I was pondering a "radiation" symbol, since with the
concern over rogue dirty nukes, the best detection methods
to catch these things while they are being built is to have
radiation sensors everywhere.

And since APRS is everywhere and radiation sensors are
realtively easy to interface to an APRS gizmo, it might make
sense to have a "radiation" symbol for such possible
applications.  But until I found a simple radiation sensor,
I wasnt persuing it.

Is there a way to make a smoke detector into a cheap radiation
sensor?

de Wb4APR, Bob