[aprssig] Re: Anybody using the deluo gps?

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Thu Jul 13 16:25:37 EDT 2006

Their main model is the Deluo Universal GPS WAAS.  It just says 'DeluoGPS'
on it.  They also have a 'pro' version with a SiRF Star III chipset.  I
haven't seen any particular reason to carry that one, yet.  I figure if you
need more sensitivity than the GPS WAAS you ought to be using a Garmin GPS
18.  They're more suitable for exterior hard mounting anyway.

What they're selling right now is a rebranded Polstar unit, model PGM-248 I
think.  Sony CXD2951GA-4 chipset.  Previous models were made by Evermore.
Deluo's documentation showed a 1 pulse per second output on the mini-DIN
connector, which I think only applied to the Evermore version.  The Polstars
use that pin for TTL output and have no 1PPS signal available.

I guess everyone must buy their GPS receivers at the start of summer - both
Garmin and Deluo were out of stock for weeks.  Deluo's been pretty flaky
lately about inventory... I've doubled the amount of stock I'm keeping on
hand to try to avoid their supply issues becoming my problem.

I've got the diagnostic/configuration program for the GPS WAAS but haven't
had a chance to test it out yet.  Once I do that I'll post it on my website.
That sort of stuff is usually hard to find on Deluo's site.

Scott
N1VG