[aprssig] Eliminate Objects?

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Jul 11 15:01:01 EDT 2006

On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 AA3JY at Winlink.org wrote:

> How does one eliminate the H2O Gage objects from the maps while
> connected to the UI-View inet. Here in Wyoming it's filling up the
> whole map and covering the  APRS stations.

You're hooked to Firenet, not the APRS-IS.  That's why you're seeing
them.  They're very useful, which is why they're on Firenet.

You can:

*) Figure out how to block certain types of stations in your client
   (bud-list/friend's list sort of thing).

*) Switch to a client that has display filters in the menus.

*) Add a filter program between the client and Firenet.

*) Switch to a Firenet filtered port (Port 14580).

*) Switch to APRS-IS instead of Firenet.  Filtered or non-filtered
   port at your discretion.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer