[aprssig] Eliminate Objects?

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Jul 11 10:56:16 EDT 2006

Clay AA3JY wrote...

> How does one eliminate the H2O Gage objects from the maps while
> connected to the UI-View inet. Here in Wyoming it's filling up the whole
> map and covering the APRS stations.

You could filter them out by adding an object filter...

- o/name1/name2/name* etc.

If the objects all start with h2o you could filter them out with - o/h2o*
Note the "-" that makes it filter out the objects instead of adding them.
This is assuming you are using a "port 14580" APRS server that allows
you to use a filter. I would think that you could use - b/h2o* as well.

The above would stop the data from being even sent to you. An alternative
approach would allow the data to be sent to you but you could use the
exclude / include list (under setup) to prevent them from being displayed.
Again, if the objects all start with h2o you could just ad h2o* to the
exclude list on the left and enable it down at the bottom and "OK" your
way out from there.

Method one would reduce your bandwidth needs. Method two would allow
you to toggle them on and off.

Method three? You could "edit translations" and have them all show e.g. G
instead of the proper object name. They would still be on your map. They
would just have a shorter label. This would require entering all of them in
the list. Sorry... wild cards not accepted!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH