[aprssig] APRS station on voice repeater - how to monitor

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sun Jul 9 22:20:08 EDT 2006

DOUG KD4MOJ wrote...

> Seems like one of our local aprs users has forgotten to switch off the
> TNC while on one of the local 2m repeaters. I've tried in vain to monitor
> with Winpack and Hyperterm to see what the station is..... even tried
> monitoring via the input. Anyone got any ideas on how to get these
> packets to show up? I have the usual Mon on, MCON, MCOM,
> MSTAMP etc to no avail.... I've had a brain fart on how to get the
> decoding done........

Listening on the output, you could miss the beginning while the repeater
isn't keyed up yet. However, you said that you had already tried monitoring
the input. Could you hear the "offending" signal on the input? If the signal
is too weak to copy properly on the input, you cold go back to the output
frequency and turn PASSALL on. Presume you already have MON ON.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH