[aprssig] APRSTV.com Video Podcast Launched

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Wed Jul 5 09:17:00 EDT 2006

Several people have responded to my request for a place to store and
distribute the videos for an APRS related video podcast.  Thanks to
their generosity I'm able to keep costs to a minimum, which is
important when you are giving away the product.

The first video podcast features the Amateur Radio Society at Tech, a
group of ham radio opertors that attend Texas Tech University,
launching a high-altitude weather balloon loaded with several amateur
radio payloads, including an APRS tracker.

You may visit http://www.aprstv.com to download the first video in the
Quicktime movie or iPod formats.  You will need the latest version of
the Apple Quicktime Player or iTunes to view the videos.  As the
episodes get archived I'll provide some lower resolution video in
other formats.

If you have iTunes installed on your computer, visit the following
link to view the APRSTV iTunes page.  Please write a review if you are
so inclined.  http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=164018864
(link will not work if iTunes is not installed)

Anyway, that's about it.  I hope you enjoy the podcast.  If you have a
suggestion for content or about how to make the show better, please
let me know.  Also, if you have video that is related to APRS, I'll
see if I can get it featured on the podcast.

--
John Habbinga, KC5ZRQ
Lubbock, Texas