[aprssig] APRS Video Podcast Distribution Challenge

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Tue Jul 4 01:11:13 EDT 2006

I've got some videos for a free APRS related video podcast and I'm
looking for some hosting.  I've considered using Google video, Video
egg or blip.tv for hosting, but this will mean that the video will be
low resolution.  I'd like to distribute high-resolution video, but
files for each episode are likely to be 100 MB or larger.

I have also considered Bit Torrent distribution, but download
performance varies greatly and it is difficult to determine how many
times the video is being downloaded.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to distribute large,
high-quality, video files (preferably H.264 encoded)?

--
John Habbinga, KC5ZRQ
Lubbock, Texas