[aprssig] WTB:passive gps antenna

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jul 3 09:23:26 EDT 2006

Use a 1/4 whip.  Much simpler and will still give excellent omni
radiation inside the trailer.  Except directly underneath it
where the GPS will only be 4 feet from it and will still get
enough signal.  Bob

>>> wes at kd4rdb.com 07/02/06 4:03 PM >>>
Does anyone have a passive helix type gps antenna laying around that they aren't using?  I'd like to make a GPS repeater to get gps signals inside our trailer and just need a re-radiating antenna for the inside.  I'm going to use an amplified antenna on the outside connected to a BNC T, feed 5v into the center to run the amp and hook a non-amplified antenna to the other side of the T.

Wes