[aprssig] Perl cell phone and Pager

Tyson S. timbercutter at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 31 23:44:00 EST 2006

I got excited when I saw the subject line for the first time and
thought someone had added a feature I have been trying to make. I was
un-successful in getting PERL-APRS running on my PHP-PERL home server
the last time I tried. Mostly due to my total lack of programming
knowledge. But the feature I am looking for is to be able to enter
various area coordinates similar to the filter on a server and when
your choice of station enters these areas a message is sent to an email
address. In my case the email would be my cell phone. The station could
be specific, a wild card of any SSID or a wildcard of any call sign or
object that enters your areas of choice. If any one has experience with
getting this application installed and running I would gladly accept
any tips or advice you may have. Thanks. N7ZMR, Oregon.