[aprssig] Cell phone and Pager alerts

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Tue Jan 31 16:40:03 EST 2006

> Unfortunately we need to spend millions of tax dollars making
> the general
> public have a false sense of security.

Bruce Schnier called this security theater.  A vast amount of money is being
spent on this sort of thing these days.  Who's going to vote against a
proposition that 'fights terrorism'?

But right now, I need to get back to my work of applying statistical
modeling software to water quality sensor data to demonstrate a capability
for real-time detection of contaminants in municipal water supplies.  We've
only got a couple million bucks to spend to figure out if it'll work or
not...

<sigh>

Scott
N1VG