[aprssig] findU radar

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Tue Jan 31 15:02:17 EST 2006

Geez, no one must be paying attention, a CW stations emailed me this
morning that findU's weather radar is broken!

Seems that 6 days ago the NWS stopped updating the radar images findU
supplies, for example look at the date on

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/radar/images/DS.p19r0/SI.kbyx/latest.gif

It seems NWS has completely switched over to the new display method
they have been testing for a year or so, which uses overlays, and my
be tough for findU to access.

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/radar.php?
rid=byx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

I still have very little free time, what time I have for the hobby is
devoted to preparing for the SuitSat event in a few days
(www.suitsat.org)

If someone wants to play with this and figure out how to just grab
the images, it would be much appreciated, Perl code especially welcome.

Steve K4HG