[aprssig] TH-D7a firmware upgrade

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jan 28 10:31:19 EST 2006

Now that the ECHO satellite is finally supporting
APRS at 9600 baud cross band VHF/UHF, that is
one applicaiton that the non-upgraded D7A cannot
do.  The "g" model added 9600 baud APRS and
cross band APRS.

>>> "Herb Gerhardt" <hgerhardt at wavecable.com> 01/28/06 12:16 AM >>>
As far as I know Kenwood will still do this upgrade for $60.

I have two of the original TH-D7A's and never upgraded them.  They work just
fine for what I need them for.  Why pay $60 each just to get a few nifty
additional features that I can really live without.

Just my opinion,

Herb, KB7UVC
NW APRS Group, West Sound Coordinator
Our WEB Site:  http://www.nwaprs.info