[aprssig] Kenwood D700 KISS lockup

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Thu Jan 26 13:14:18 EST 2006

I found a PM reset did it once

Andrew Rich
Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC
email: vk4tec at tech-software.net <mailto:vk4tec at tech-software.net>
web: http://www.tech-software.net
Brisbane AUSTRALIA

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org
[mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]On Behalf Of David Flood
Sent: Friday, 27 January 2006 4:10 AM
To: ron.stordahl at digikey.com; 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [aprssig] Kenwood D700 KISS lockup

If you are referring to the D700 getting stuck on "Opening TNC" when you
switch back to internal APRS after using an external program, then the
answer is NO.

There's a bug in the aux port code that hangs the TNC.  You either have to
do a VFO reset or connect a computer and execute some commands.  See below
your message for the commands courtesy of a couple of members of the TMD700A
yahoo group.

Dave
KD7MYC