[aprssig] Re: Anyone running APRS on a LCD in a car ?

Al Wolfe awolfe at Route24.net
Tue Jan 24 14:18:59 EST 2006

 FWIW:
    Our state legislature (the best money can buy) here in Illinois has
decided that it is illegal for the driver of a vehicle to be able to see an
onboard TV screen or computer screen while operating a vehicle. This is very
discouraging to me as I have been running APRS on a laptop, usually on the
passenger seat, for many years.
    This kind of puts the kibosh on running a lot of the newer gear that
have a screen built in. I don't know if anyone has challenged this ill
conceived law yet.

73,
Al, K9SI