[aprssig] Anyone running APRS on a LCD in a car ?

Tim Cwik tcwik at stnhbr.com
Mon Jan 23 15:43:58 EST 2006

On 2006.01.23 14:17, Andrew Rich wrote:
> Anyone got a PC in their car and a lcd monitor ?
>
> Not a laptop

I have a via MII-10000 motherboard in a mini-itx case with a 12VDC
Westinghouse 15 inch LCD in the car running Fedora FC4 and Xastir.
The arrangement seems to work well, but I am having trouble figuring out how
to power the system when the car is not running. I currently charge a 12V
marine deep cycle battery when the car is running and use it to power the
system. My calculations suggest I should be able to run for about 36 hours but
I get nowhere near that. I currently suspect I may have a bad batery.

TIm
N2LTQ
--
Tim Cwik