[aprssig] Reconnect to APRS servers

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sun Jan 22 19:00:46 EST 2006

Fred WB4AEJ wrote on Jan 22 2006

> I added that to the schedule editor and rebooted. I don't
> think it came back up. I still had to click on 'Connect to
> APRS server' before it ran. Any other suggestions?

If you can manually click on "connect to APRS server" and connect, the
actual Internet connection would appear to be OK. Look in the schedule
editor to make sure you see if the APRSERVE_CONNECT is still there. If
it has "disappeared" on you, click on NEW, enter +1 in the TIME field
and select APRSERVE_CONNECT from the drop-down selection and click
YES and EXIT your way out from there. If you previously CANCELLED your
way out from there instead of using EXIT, the new command wouldn't
have been saved.

Over in APRS SERVER SETUP, make sure you have ENABLE AUTO
RECONNECTenabled. If you get disconnected, it will at least try to
connect again for you. Do you have more than one APRS server
selected? If you only have one, and that server isn't reachable,
UI-View won't be able to connect to it. Of course, then you couldn't
successfully manually tell it to connect either. If you have two
servers selected, UI-View will use the second one only if it can't
connect to the first one. If you have more than two selected, it will
randomly select which one to use. Oh yes... make sure you have
APRS SERVER LOGON REQUIRED also enabled.

Does that sort it out, or are you still having a problem with it?
I'm sure there are lots of UI-View users on this list, but if it still
isn't doing what it is supposed to, you could ask over on the
UI-View list.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH