[aprssig] APRS-SCS Version 1.27 is ready for down loading

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Sun Jan 22 08:55:34 EST 2006

HI All
           Please read all of this E-Mail. Important information is
contained within.

aprs-scs 1.27 is now ready for your down loading pleasure.
Please please please if you already have aprs-scs installed on your
PC then use the upgrade.zip file. No using aprsscsfull.zip and
installing to another directory. No using aprsscsfull.zip and
installing on top of your old version. The setup program and
Windows will not like this.

For those that will be using upgrade.zip please read the upgrade.txt
file that is inside upgrade.zip

Upgrade.txt contains very important information on how to upgrade
aprs-scs.

Note aprs-scs does not work on Win2k. So if you are using win2k
please do not try to install aprs-scs.
Aprs-scs works just fine with Win98 and WinXP.
I have now received 3 reports that users were able to install and run
aprs-scs on Win2k.
Maybe the earlier reports were from corrupt Win2k systems. Maybe a
Microsoft Win2k Service Pack has fixed the problem. I do not know.
All I can say at this point is “Your Millage May Vary”.

What follows is the WhatsNew
Version 1.27 the use of "Weather Display" Software. Now you can use
the third party "Weather Display" software to output your weather
station data. Weather Display has a feature that will output a file
containing an APRS weather formated packet. APRS-SCS can now use this
information to send out Weather packets. The weather packets that
APRS sends out are the "Complete Weather Position Packets" The
complete weather Position Packets are the only type of weather
packets that APRS-SCS sends out. This is because APRS-SCS follows the
spec and does the way Bob WB4APR wants it done. Check out the new
format of the Setup/Weather tab. Note the Help button. click on the
Help button to gain information on how to use this new Feature. you
are using software other than Weather Display that outputs a file an
APRS weather formated packet and you would like APRS-SCS to this
software then please send me the following: Name of the Software. the
APRS Weather formated files it outputs. the above is done then a
future release of APRS-SCS will support this
As always you can obtain aprs-scs at
http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs

Let us hope we never witness the "Silence Of The Hams"
73 DE John  KB2SCS
       E-Mail:            kb2scs at arrl.net
       APRS-SCS     http://www.tapr.org/~kb2scs
       Web Page:     http://www.qsl.net/kb2scs