[aprssig] Queries

Randy Allen ka0azs at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 21 22:52:33 EST 2006

We do that as well, but if I'm at work and she's picking up our
daughter, we're out of simplex range due to terrain and distance, so we
work through our designated repeater.

If we get into simplex range (defined as being able to hear the direct
packets) we go to our designated "call channel" which is a simplex
frequency and one button push on the  microphone.

Robert Bruninga wrote:

> If she's in direct range, you can call her on voice
> alert and she wont have to do anything.  She can
> keep the volume down on the voice side, but still
> get your call on the APRS voice-alert side.  Bob

73
--
Randy Allen, KAØAZS