[aprssig] APRS Video

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 17:00:52 EST 2006

It is interesting that you bring that up.  I have already started making a
series of videos related to APRS.  The videos are short, about 3 minutes
long, and sort of a how-to style.  I have already completed one.  Two others
are in production and should be finished by the end of the month. In
February I hope to finish 3 more.  When I have those six episodes completed,
I'll start distributing them via the Internet, for free.  Sort of like a
podcast.  So look for them in March.

Scott is corrrect.  The problem is money.  I'm making these videos on my own
time, and mostly just for fun.  However, the real costs, even for a simple
production, would be around $300 - $500 per 3-minute episode.

John, KC5ZRQ

On 1/21/06, Scott Miller <scott at opentrac.org> wrote:

> >      Why has no one made a video about APRS?  I'd like to
> > educate the local hams and my students about it.
>
> I'm guessing the #1 reason is money.  Unless you've got talented people
> willing to put something together for free, it's going to cost a
> significant
> amount of money.
>
> Scott
> N1VG