[aprssig] AGWUIDigi new Version

Robert Schiers schiers at netins.net
Wed Jan 11 11:38:11 EST 2006

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 09:57:46 -0500 (EST)
  Rick Green <rtg at aapsc.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 11 Jan 2006, (SV2AGW)George Rossopoulos wrote:
>
>> Added "Max allowed Hops" to stop any packet with more
>>hops than locally
>> agreed.
>>
>   Will this drop the packet on the floor if it has
>already been digi'd
> thru the allowed # of hops?  Or drop it on the floor if
>the station has declared a path with too many hops, even
>if it hasn't yet been digi'd?  or does it modify the path
>and digi it up to the limit?

It digi's it one last time and appends QRT* at the end,
showing it has been stopped. So if a packet comes in the
violates the hop count, it sends out one more. It looks
like this:

  1:Fm KA2FNK-1 To S9PQ4Y Via N0AN-3,QRT* <UI pid=F0
Len=15 >[10:34:22]
'zE9l#Uj/]"7@}

Note that there is no path, just a single packet
announcing the "termination" of the path.

Hope this helps. AGWUIDigi has a few bugs that are being
worked on as we speak, but in general it works very well.
It is going to be a VERY nice utility. I'm currently
running it at N0AN as my main digi and am very pleased
with its development. By bugs, I don't mean it crashes...I
mean it doesn't handle callsign substitution quite
correctly yet (it does digi-peat correctly, and decrement,
but the callsign sub is not right yet).

73,

hasan, N0AN