[aprssig] Spec question

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Tue Jan 10 18:02:35 EST 2006

Hi Matt
            All aprs software is supposed to accept upper or lower
case.
There was  perposall by Bob WB4APR that lower case would mean that an
operator is at the controls of the aprs station. The software is
supposed to change the Upper case N,S,E,W to lower case if the mouse
has been moved. If the mouse has not been moved in X amount of
minuets then the software is supposed to change the n,s,e,w to Upper
case which is supposed to signify that no operator is present.

I do not know if any aprs software implemented this perposall. I
would guess APRSdos has.