[aprssig] kpc-3 and usb

Darrell Lingenfield timelord64 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 08:31:47 EST 2006

Chris,

I have used a Radio Shack USB to serial interface for a while now,
between my Compaq laptop and my KPC3. I also use UIVIEW as well as
WINPACK, the PSK31 program DIGIPAN (through a RIGblaster interface),
and the software to program my Icom R10 scanner.

The only minor problem I have is that it is an older version that is
not rated for Windows XP. If I disconnect the cable from the laptop,
it "forgets" where the software is at. I have to go back in and reset
everything to get it to work. I really need to see if there is a
driver update available!!

When I first installed it, the adapter wanted to work on COM5, and
UIVIEW only likes COM1-3. I went into the device manager and reset it
to work on COM1.

Darrell Lingenfield 3rd
N3QBI
------