[aprssig] APRS left in the dust

Neil Johnson Neil.Johnson at erudicon.com
Sat Jan 7 10:22:35 EST 2006

So just Garmin and Uniden.. Why not Motorola or any of the other FRS
radio vendors (Note that Garmin's implementation is proprietary to their
radios only).

Still smelling a patent issue here.

I'd go search the patent office database, but the patent probably has
some intentionally vague and broad description so they can potentially
force  it down anyone's throat that comes up with something even
remotely close.

Some of the cellular/PCS providers are now advertising "GPS" and
tracking options, but that is based on using GPS to provide precise
timing to cell sites to allow them to calculate position by differences
in signal arrival times different towers.

--
Neil Johnson