[aprssig] Ambiguity due to GPS

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Thu Jan 5 18:11:44 EST 2006

Scott,
  See below:

We have had a station in my area who sends APOT02 position packets with HDOP
and SATS data every 10 seconds.  In addition he sends telemetry at the same
interval, and >MAK-P2 packets at a longer interval.

His transmissions amount to about 16 packets per minute, not counting
digipeats.  If we had multiple stations sending this kind of data at this
rate, the local network will quickly become unusable.

We really need to encourage developers to prohibit these types of abuses on
144.39.  IMO, permitting a user to send such a volume of traffic at 10
second intervals should be reconsidered.

Bill KC9XG