[aprssig] The best resolution of --- Kenwood

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jan 5 14:08:55 EST 2006

On Thu, 5 Jan 2006, William McKeehan wrote:

> Imagine a Kenwood radio with an enhanced TNC, a keyboard and a display that
> you could turn into a "terminal"; then you could do a lot of basic packet
> stuff without having a computer at all...

Yes, plus a real KISS TNC that could do multiple long packets, so
you could use attach a real computer to do TCP/IP and other advanced
things when necessary.

If they did the above plus fixed a few of the more annoying little
bugs like the 1/2 second TXD, for not much more than the D700A is
now, I'd certainly want to buy one.  Perhaps two.  Of course they
should throw in the code from the D700E which is already
written/debugged for decoding compressed objects...  hi hi

Like I said before, the D700A is _so_ close to ideal.  It wouldn't
take much to get there, at which point even more people would buy
them.