[aprssig] The best resolution of position from APRS

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Wed Jan 4 23:22:45 EST 2006

On Wed, 4 Jan 2006, Kevin Ratcliff wrote:

> What software currently does or does not support the !DAO! format? Curt, could
> this be added to the APRS client comparison chart? There are 20+ APRS client
> apps and right now I have no clue as to what percentage of them support the
> proposed format; I do know which programs work with Base91. This makes it hard
> for me to determine whether the !DAO! format will work for our local SAR use.

Sure, I'll try to remember to add it tomorrow, probably in the first
section near the Base-91 Compressed rows.

If people could feed me reports of which clients Do/Don't support
the !DAO! format, I'll fill in the appropriate boxes.  The only one
that I currently suspect might support it is APRSdos.

FWIW:  I'm a SAR member too, field qualified, active in two units in
our county, Marysville Unit (field unit) and OSU (Operational
Support Unit).  This higher-resolution stuff is important to me 'cuz
I do a lot of base support work at times.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer