[aprssig] The best resolution of position from APRS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jan 4 19:26:51 EST 2006

>>> "Curt, WE7U" <archer at eskimo.com> 01/04/06 12:31 PM >>>
>What you see as best, I see as a detriment to
>the future of APRS.  I assume you feel likewise
>about my point of view.

Very true.  I Just cannot see how you can promote
continuing to transmit a depricated/obsolete format
that cannot be seen by 28% of all users and
85% of all mobiles (that can receive objects) as being
good for the future of APRS?

Further, I think what is detrimental to the future of
APRS is continuing to insist on your forced
obsolescence of the kenwood, when there are
3 ways that XASTIR can transmit the precision it wants
and can still be 100% compatible with the kenwoods.

The SPEC has kept up with this situation by offering
a solution for the 1' precision that is 100% backwards
compatible (the !DAO! format.  I wish other software
that can much more easily upgrade than the mobile
Kenwood users would do the same.

de Wb4APR, Bob