[aprssig] The best resolution of ---

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Jan 4 14:15:49 EST 2006

ramirault at erols.com wrote:
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Bill Vodall"
> Subject: RE: [aprssig] The best resolution of ---
> (snip)
>> If the real world worked on that prinicple we'd all
>> still be watching Black and White TV.
> (snip)
>
> Good example ... when color TV was designed and approved .. it was
> specifically DESIGNED TO BE COMPATIBLE with existing (black & white)
> technology. You can still buy B&W TV's today that work just fine ..
> thank you.
>
> Richard Amirault              N1JDU
> Boston, MA, USA          Go Fly A Kite
Actually this may now be a poor analogy, considering that the transition
to digital TV IS going to render EVERY existing TV unusable for
off-the-air reception, when they pull the plug on analog NTSC
broadcasting in another two or three years.   (If the DTV fiasco
proceeds on schedule.....)

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

  http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/DigiPaths