[aprssig] Re: The best resolution of position from APRS

Tyler Allison tyler at allisonhouse.com
Wed Jan 4 12:40:50 EST 2006

> I still cannot understand why XASTIR wants to continue to purposefully
> send the depricated/obsolete, broken compressed object/item format
> KNOWING that NONE of the 1/3rd of users can see them at all.

Maybe because the Kenwoods are not the be all, end all of APRS devices.

> 1) The kenwoods cannot be easily upgraded.

Well there's a bad design. Who encouraged that?

> 2) XASTIR could fix it overnight and everyone could have a downloadable
>  fix the next day

So this logic leads me to believe the APRS will never grow beyond what 7-9
year old technology can implement. Wow..that sucks.

> Why cannot people see this?

Oh we see it. We just don't accept your reality that Kenwoods must be
support at all costs.

-Tyler