[aprssig] The best resolution of position from APRS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jan 4 10:35:00 EST 2006

>>> jdw at eng.uah.edu 01/04/06 7:46 AM >>>
>I personally would like to see more effort in actual
>advancements to  APRS, and less effort keeping everything
>frozen in time so that we're  backwards compatible
>with 10 or 20 year old designs.

Like what?
The community wanted 1 foot resolution.  We upgraded
APRS with the !DAO! format that not only provided that
but was 100% backwards compatible and provided DATUM
as well.

I just dont understand all this griping over people wanting
to use a depricated obsolete 1 foot resolution format that cannot
be seen by 10,000 edsxisting APRS users that represent
85% of all users who use APRS mobile!

You call that progress??????  Continuing to insist o using
the obsolete and depricated compressed object format
that is known to be broken is what is hold ing APRS back.
Not the spec.

de Wb4APR, Bob

-Jason
kg4wsv