[aprssig] The best resolution of position from APRS

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed Jan 4 01:57:31 EST 2006

> I believe it has been in the spec from the first ratified spec.  It
> is probably not as prominent as it should be, but it's in there.

What I meant was that if the !DAO! thing had been there, I'm sure Kenwood
wouldn't have bothered adding datum conversion.  If you received a position
from a GPS receiver in AGD66 mode, it wouldn't be converted to WGS84 before
being passed on as a waypoint to your GPS receiver.  That's a lot to ask
from a small embedded processor.

Scott
N1VG