[aprssig] How about DSC? was: Global FRS radio like AVRS

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Tue Feb 28 02:16:55 EST 2006

On Mon, 27 Feb 2006, Mark Fellhauer wrote:

> I Googled DSC soundcard and found this:
>
> http://www.coaa.co.uk/dscdecoder.htm

FYI:  This is a windows-only program and is shareware.  I was hoping
for something open-source.

> Anyhow, I would be nice to see some APRS software able to track/display other
> formats of position indicating packets like ACARS, DSC, Garmin RINO, ATIS,
> etc.

We can do RINO, OpenTrac, and APRS with Xastir (RINO requires a RINO
radio hooked via serial port to download the waypoints from).

If we had some sort of KISS soundcard interface that worked with any
of these other signals, we could support them in Xastir as well.  As
long as we could figure out the format once decoded of course.

Has anyone done a search for open-source code for any of these?

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer