[aprssig] Problems with hum on TX audio.

Tim Cunningham tim_cunningham at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 27 15:09:38 EST 2006

If the problem is not a PL tone you could try or verify:

1. Make sure the GND signal between the TNC audio and the radio microphone jack is disconnected in the connector on the microphone side so it does not make a connection from the TNC GND to the microphone GND on the radio. This is important for several reasons.

2. Make sure the GND from the power connector from the TNC and the GND from the power connector on the radio are connected at the same point at the power supply. This will provide your single point ground source at the power supply.

3. This step is re-iterated from step #1. Make sure the TNC GND from the 5-pin DIN connector and the GND on the radio microphone connector are not connected.

Now if you have other equipment connected to the radio, power supply, or TNC all bets are off without a full description of what is connected and how it is connected.

73's de Tim - N8DEU
Huntsville, Alabama