[aprssig] Global FRS radio like AVRS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Feb 27 08:36:15 EST 2006

>>> kb0kqa at gmail.com 02/26/06 9:19 PM >>>
>I guess I missed the reference to APRS here...
>What was it again?

See the subject line.  AVRS.  That is the Automatic
Voice Relay System which uses APRS as the
signalling channel to set up ham radio voice
links between APRS end users.  It was designed
to use IRLP or ECHOlink, but any radio interface
should work...

See http://www.ew.usna.edu/~bruninga/avrs.html

de Wb4APR, Bob