[aprssig] Powerpoint/Adobe Reader

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sun Feb 26 13:27:31 EST 2006

fred at wb4aej.com wrote:
> OK,
>
>       I'm going to live with the crossovers.  I corrected the spelling error on the second page and I reordered them so that what was the second page is now the first.
>
>       Additionally, I've saved it as a PDF so you folks can read it.
>
>       However, I just noticed the 'audio out' connector on the second page (TM-211A).  I'm wondering if the 1/8" phone plug could be eliminated from the harness using it.
>
>       Check it out at http://www.wb4aej.com/APRS/APRS_Harness.pdf.
>
>       73,

The "receive audio" or "audio out" pin on Kenwood mic jacks has been on
some, but not all, Kenwood radios for decades.  It is very
inconsistently implemented -- some radios have 50 millivolt
non-deemphasized non-squelched raw discriminator audio here, others
have higher level de-emphasized audio here and still others have actual
speaker audio affected by the volume control here.

Since I like to take advantage of this contact for a "one-plug" hookup
for SSTV (especially for the Kenwood VC-H1 handheld SSTV device)  and
packet, I have measured the type and level of audio available on the mic
jack for many Kenwood radios.   On radios that didn't have any
connection here, I added it.  The results of my findings are summarized
in a PDF document on my website at:
     _http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/miscinfo_

Look for the link to the file  "  KenMic_RX_Audio.PDF  " .

As is usual for PDFs on-line,  if you LEFT-click the link,  the file
will try to open in your web browser, using Acrobat as a browser plug-in
(if Acrobat is installed on your system).    A  RIGHT click will offer a
choice to download the file for use off-line.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

  http://webs.lanset.com/wa8lmf/DigiPaths

Updated APRS Symbol Chart