[aprssig] Geo Files

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Sat Feb 25 22:58:11 EST 2006

Bill,

Apparently, you do not understand my original post nor do you understand
the table that I offered and have now posted with the assumption that
findU, WinAPRS, etc. use the center of the pixel for THEIR geo files.  I
had already imported ALL of the RIDGE world files into a database using
their statement that THEIR files reference the center of pixel 0,0.  The
issue that you apparently are unable to answer is "WHAT DO PROGRAMS SUCH
AS WINAPRS, UI-VIEW, AND FINDU ASSUME TO BE USED FOR THEIR GEO FILE
COORDINATES: CENTER OR CORNER OF THE PIXEL?"  I am sorry to this list
for the shout, but Bill obviously is clueless as to what this question
means.  Bill, if you don't know the answer to THAT question, then quit
making your idiotic, self-serving posts.

I have been working with the RIDGE stuff for a long time and am trying
to make it easier for OTHER people to use the "lite" images for
applications that can't work easily with the overlay system.  The table
is at http://www.aprs-is.net/wx/RIDGEGeo.asp for those that are
interested in making their own geo files.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net