[aprssig] Geo Files

Bill Diaz william.diaz at comcast.net
Sat Feb 25 18:50:18 EST 2006

Pete,
  See below:

The regular ridge world files reference the center of the pixel in the upper
left.
If you look at http://www.srh.noaa.gov/ridge/GIS.html it includes the
following information:

Each of the RIDGE radar image has a "world file" associated with it. A world
file is an ASCII text file associated with an image and contains the
following lines:

Line 1: x-dimension of a pixel in map units
Line 2: rotation parameter
Line 3: rotation parameter
Line 4: NEGATIVE of y-dimension of a pixel in map units
Line 5: x-coordinate of center of upper left pixel
Line 6: y-coordinate of center of upper left pixel

The above clearly states "center of upper left pixel".

Bill KC9XG