[aprssig] Shunt for battery current / APRS Telemetry

Phillip B. Pacier ad6nh at arrl.net
Thu Feb 23 18:13:57 EST 2006

I am in need of assistance with building a shunt circuit to measure the
charging amperage of my solar-powered digi.  I have found some vague
references on the web, but none that tell me how to figure out what
values of what components I need in order to achieve my desired goals.
For reference, if it makes things easier, I believe the maximum current
will never get above 12.7 amps.  Therefore, dividing the 255 max
telemetry range in half gives 127.5, or 12.75 amps.  That makes the
calculations easier - now, how do I build this circuit?  I have already
done the voltages with the divider circuits - that was easy.  Thanks in
advance!

73
Phil Pacier - AD6NH