[aprssig] Using a TNC as a CW Beacon Only

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Sun Feb 19 00:16:13 EST 2006

Looks to be pretty close to the same thing.  Actually, I think I've got a
tube or two of those PICs on hand.  Might be a good way to get rid of 'em.

I made an MR6 clone plus OT in one board, and actually launched one example
on a few party balloons, but it's got really awful spurious emissions.  And
that's not just my clone - it's just as bad on the genuine Ramsey board.
I'd feel better about flying it if it had at least a basic output filter,
something that wouldn't require custom inductors or a large part count.  I'm
not an RF engineer, though.

Scott
N1VG