[aprssig] Using a TNC as a CW Beacon Only

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Sat Feb 18 18:06:36 EST 2006

I can't answer your TNC question, but I've been thinking about reusing some
of the OpenTracker code to build a CW ID unit using a single 8-pin IC.  It'd
just need a capacitor and a couple of resistors on the output pin, and no
external crystal or anything.  It'd have enough space for a few messages, so
you could select the message to send using 2 or 3 inputs, plus a trigger
input and maybe another input to select an auto-timed mode so you wouldn't
need a 555 or anything.

Programming it would require a small board to hook it up to a PC, but I
could offer pre-programming.  Does anyone have something this scale yet?
I've mostly just seen larger circuits with more external components.

Scott
N1VG