[aprssig] Fwd: APRS Message from W4EPI-3

Mark Saurman vo1one at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 20:22:59 EST 2006

> You dont get one of these APRS emails everyday:

> >Hi From top of Eifl Tower
> >
> >--------------------------
> >Message received by MacAPRS IGate station WU2Z
> >Located in NO BRUNSWICK, NJ
> >APRS path = W4EPI-3>APK002,KJ5QQ-4*,WIDE,qAR,WA0D-5
>
> Though I am not sure how it got to KJ5QQ-4
> from there.
> Bob

I took my HT up to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris back in 2000
and made quite a few contacts before the gendarmerie told me non!  I
showed my CEPT licence but he explained to me that it was possible for
2 way radios to interfere with military radio equipment they had up
there.  Oh well.  It was fun while it lasted!

73,
Mark VO1ONE